Job Title: Insurance Risk Analyst
Eversafe Insurance Agency, Inc. is a leading independent insurance agency for hundreds of individuals, families, and businesses throughout California. We strive to provide superior customer service and low rates by customizing insurance plans that are simple and easy for our clients to understand. We evaluate our clients’ specific needs and problems, and find the company that will give our clients the best value for their dollar, while supplying a superior standard of protection. We have long-term partnerships with insurance companies with tested, reliable insurance products and excellent customer service. We ensure that these insurance companies have an outstanding reputation for fast, fair claims service.
Evaluating and managing risk is extremely important in the insurance industry. It is critical that our company assesses the risks that clients may undergo and how to insure them properly. In order to do so, we need the professional services of an Insurance Risk Analyst to analyze statistical financial data and construct probability tables to forecast risk and liability for payment of future benefits. The Insurance Risk Analyst will help our company determine acceptable financial levels of risk for various insurance plans. Through statistical analysis of financial data, the Insurance Risk Analyst will determine data-driven methods for minimizing the risk of the company so that we can maintain a low loss ratio for insurance plans.
In a quantitative breakdown, the hired individual will perform the following duties:
Analyze Company’s Financial Analysis Methods (60%)
- Define and calculate key financial performance metrics to monitor company financial performance and any financial risks.
- Execute financial analysis and provide logical conclusions and data-driven insights that can support the company’s strategic plans.
- Establish internal financial analytic data models in order to monitor trends in financial losses and further develop and provide insights for relevant departments within the company.
Develop and Analyze Financial Risk Assessment and Risk Control Strategies (40%)
- Develop mathematical models and techniques utilizing internal data sets gathered from insurance industry databases to optimize insurance product selection criteria based on risk assessment variables.
- Analyze and assess the company’s financial operations and provide actionable recommendations to the management team on ways to reduce financial risk exposure.
- Recommend computer data modeling specifications to perform financial and statistical analysis to produce actionable business insights for management.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, financial risk management, or closely related field;
- 2 years work experience evaluating insurance plans to determine financial risk and profitability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel using pivot tables;
- College coursework in risk theory.
Wage range $67,704 to $73,000 per year. Send resume firstname.lastname@example.org or Eversafe Insurance Agency, Inc. c/o Tina Cui, 10508 Lower Azusa Rd., Ste. 202, El Monte, CA 91731.